This page will list down the details of the academic activities that we plan in this course. The schedule for all meetings are available at the meetings page.
- Problem Sheets: There will be roughly 2 problem sheets given as "hand outs" for each theme. The participants are expected to try to solve them offline and get back to the respective TAs if they need specific helps. Those who wish get feedback on their answers are also welcome to submit it to the TAs. In any case, these will not be evaluated towards the final grade. The following gives the timeline for these handouts.
- √ Problem Set 01 : Theme 1, Set 1 : Aug 09, 5pm
- √ Problem Set 02 : Theme 1, Set 2 : Aug 21, 5pm
- √ Problem Set 03 : Theme 1, Set 3 : Aug 28, 5pm
- √ Problem Set 04 : Theme 1, Set 4 : Sep 8, 5pm
- Problem Set 05 : Theme 2, Set 1 : Sep 27, 5pm
- Problem Set 06 : Theme 2, Set 2 : Oct 11, 5pm
- Problem Set 07 : Theme 2, Set 3 : Oct 18, 5pm
- Problem Set 08 : Theme 3, Set 1 : Oct 25, 5pm
- Problem Set 09 : Theme 3, Set 2 : Nov 01, 5pm
- Problem Set 10 : Theme 3, Set 3 : Nov 08, 5pm
- Short Exams :
These will be a set of 1 hour long exams on material closely related to the lectures and the responses will be evaluated. This is a part of continuous assessment in the course. Note that the weightage of these towards the final score is nontrivial but relatively low. You can afford to make mistakes (and hence learn) without worsening your final score by much !.
- Short Exam 1 (6.67%) - Aug 26, 11am - 11:50am.
- Short Exam 2 (6.67%) - Sep 30, 11am - 11:50am.
- Short Exam 3 (6.67%) - Nov 08, 11am - 11:50am.
Quizzes & End-semester Exams :
There will be two quizes which will be in-hall standard exams. The end-semester exam will be a standard 3 hour long exam.
- Quiz 1 (20%) - Sep 03, 8am - 8:50am.
- Quiz 2 (20%) - Oct 15, 8am - 8:50am.
- Endsem Exam (35%) - Nov 18, 9am - 12pm.