Current Research Students:
- CS6600: Computer Architecture (F'16, S'12, S'11)
- CS4100: Computer System Design (F'16, F'15, F'13, F'12)
- CS4110: Computer System Design Lab (F'16, F'15, F'13, F'12, F'11)
- CS6560: Parallel Computer Architecture (S'16, S'14, F'12, F'11, F'10)
- CS1100: Introduction to Programming (F'15, S'14, S'12, S'10)
- NPTEL-MOOC: Computer Architecture (1st Jul - 31st Aug, 2015)
- CS6200: Advanced Computer Architecture (S'13)
- CS2610: Assembly Language Programming Lab (S'11)
- CS2600: Computer Organization (S'11)
- CS2300: Switching Theory and Digital Design (F'10, F'09, F'08)
- CS2310: Digital Logic and Design Lab (F'10, F'09, F'08)
- CS6230: CAD for VLSI (S'10, S'09, S'08)
Graduated Research Students:
- K. Raghavendra (1/2010)
- Gnaneswar Rao Jonna (7/2012)
- Praveen Kumar Alapati (7/2012)
- S.R. Swami Saranam Chongala (7/2014)
- D.A. Balaraju (7/2015) (Co-guide: Dr. Chester Rebeiro)
- G.D. Kesavan (1/2016)
- M.S. (Research)
- Pritam Majumder (1/2012) (Pending viva voce)
- J. Sudharsan (1/2013)
- A. Nizamudheen (1/2014)
- Patil Rakesh Ravindra (1/2014)
- Dennis Antony Varkey (1/2014)
- Tripti S. Warrier (2016)
- T.V. Kalyan (2015) (Performance Architect, IBM Bengaluru)
- John Jose (2014) (Assistant Professor, Dept. of CSE, IIT Guwahati)
- M.S. (Research)
- Prasanna Venkatesh Rengasamy (2016) (PhD Student, Department of CSE, Penn State University)
- Aditya Arvind Kajwe (2014) (Software Engineer, Paypal, Chennai)
- Arpit Joshi (2011) (PhD Student, School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh)
- Nayan Mujadiya (2011) (R&D Engineer, Synopsys Inc, Bengaluru)
- T.V. Kalyan (2009) (PhD Student, Dept. of CSE, IIT Madras)
- Abu Saad Papa (2008) (Product Development Lead, Invention Labs, Chennai)
- Md. Abid Hussain (2008) (Design Engineer, Xilinx, Hyderabad)
Selected Recent Publications: (click here for the complete list)
- (01/2014--12/2016) Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India: Exploring Techniques to Optimize Main Memory of Multi-Core Systems.
Technical Program Committee Member:
- K. Raghavendra, Biswabandan Panda, and Madhu Mutyam. PBC: Prefetched Blocks Compaction. IEEE Transactions on Computers (TC), October 2015.
- K. Raghavendra, Biswabandan Panda, and Madhu Mutyam. MBZip: A Case for Compressing Multiple Data Blocks. International Conference on Parallel Architectures and Compilation Techniques (PACT), San Francisco, USA, October 18-21, 2015. (poster)
- Tripti S. Warrier, K. Raghavendra, and Madhu Mutyam. SkipCache: Application Aware Cache Management for Chip Multi-Processors. IET Computers & Digital Techniques (CDT), 9(6):293-299, 2015.
- T.V. Kalyan, K. Ravi, and Madhu Mutyam. EFGR: An Enhanced Fine Granularity Refresh Feature for High Performance DDR4 DRAM Devices. ACM Transactions on Architecture and Code Optimization (TACO), 11(3):31, 2014. (Invited to make a presentation in the 10th HiPEAC Conference, Amsterdam 2015)
- Pritam Majumder, T.V. Kalyan, and Madhu Mutyam. SFFMap: Set-First Fill Mapping for an Energy Efficienct Pipelined Data Cache. 32nd IEEE International Conference on Computer Design (ICCD), pp. 104-109, 2014.
- John Jose and Madhu Mutyam. Implementation and Analysis of History Based Output Channel Selection Function for Adaptive Routers in Mesh NoCs. ACM Transactions on Design Automation of Electronic Systems (TODAES), 19(4):35 (2014).
- Prasanna Venkatesh and Madhu Mutyam. Using Packet Information for Efficient Communication in NoCs. International Symposium on Networks-on-Chip (NOCS), pp. 143-150, 2014.
- Sudharsan, T.V. Kalyan, and Madhu Mutyam. Data Remapping for an Energy Efficienct Burst Chop in DRAM Memory Systems.. ACM Student Research Competition, International Conference on Parallel Architectures and Compilation Techniques (ACM-SRC), August 24-27, 2014 (Bronze medal winner).
- Aditya Kajwe and Madhu Mutyam. Improving Fairness in Memory Scheduling Using a Team of Learning Automata. The Memory Forum, Co-located with ISCA, June 14, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- K. Raghavendra, Tripti Warrier, and Madhu Mutyam. SAMO: Store Aware Memory Optimizations. ACM International Conference on Computing Frontiers (CF), Article No. 33, 2014.
- Gnaneswara Rao Jonna, John Jose, Rachana Radhakrishnan, and Madhu Mutyam. Minimally Buffered Single-Cycle Deflection Router for Mesh NoCs. IEEE/ACM International Conference on Design, Automation & Test in Europe (DATE), pp. 1-4, 2014.
- T.V. Kalyan, K. Ravi, and Madhu Mutyam. Scattered Refresh: An Alternative Refresh Mechanism to Reduce Refresh Cycle Time. 19th Asia and South Pacific Design Automation Conference (ASP-DAC), pp. 598-603, 2014.
- 2016: ICCD; ISVLSI; VDAT
- 2015: ICCD; iNIS; ISVLSI; IPDPS (Architecture track); PARCOMPTECH; VLSI Design;
- 2014: ICCD; CASES; ICPP; Memory Architecture and Organization Workshop (Program Committee Co-Chair); ISVLSI (Special Session -- Track Co-Chiar); IndoSys; VLSI Design (Track Co-Chair)
- 2013: ICPP; VLSI Design (Track Co-Chair); ISVLSI
- 2012: VLSI Design; ISVLSI
- 2011: VLSI Design (Track Co-Chair); ISVLSI (Finance Chair); VLSI-SoC
- 2010: VLSI Design; ISVLSI; VLSI-SoC
- 2009: VLSI Design; ISVLSI
Think. Don't just do. Set aside time to explore ideas.
Thinking is more important than reading.