CS1100: Introduction to Programming
Introduction to Computing; Building Blocks of a Computer; Data Representation; Introduction to C Programming Language; Selection Statements; Control Structures; Arrays; Functions; Matrix Operations; Recursion and Sorting; String Operations; Pointers; Multi-Dimensional Arrays; Searching; Structures; File I/O; Numerical Methods.
- P. Deitel and H.Deitel. C: How to Program.
- V. Rajaraman. Computer Programming in C.
- R.G. Dromey. How to Solve it by Computer.
- Kernighan and Ritchie. The C Programming Language.
- Kernighan and Pike. The Unix Programming Environment.
Lecture Schedule: (Venue: CS36; Wed 11:00AM-11:50AM; Thu 9:00AM-9:50AM; Fri 8:00AM-8:50AM)
- Quiz I & II (15 marks each)
- Programming Assignments (25 marks)
- End Semester Exam (45 marks)
Last modified: Aug 9th, 2017