Praveen Kumar Alapati
e-mail: praveena $ cse # iitm # ac # in (OR) praveenalapati $ gmail # com
Note:replace $ with @ and # with .
Concurrent Data Structures
Publications (International Conferences):
- FatCBST: Concurrent Binary Search Tree with Fatnodes. Appeared in High Performance Computing and Communications (HPCC), IEEE proceedings, pp. 356-363, 2017.
- Concurrent Treaps. Appeared in Algorithms and Architectures for Parallel Processing (ICA3PP), Proceedings in Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer, Vol. 10393, pp.776-790, 2017.
Conferences /Workshops /Short-term Courses Attended
- High Performance Computing and Communications (HPCC), at Bangkok, Thailand, Dec 18-21 2017.
- International Conference in Algorithms and Architectures for Parallel Processing (ICA3PP), Helsinki, Finland, Aug 21-23 2017.
- GIAN Course: Emerging Computational Devices, Architectures and Computational Models from 11th to 15th of December 2017.
- POPL (Principles of Programming Languages) conference, held in Mumbai,January 12-18 2015.
- Insight 09 ver2.0 conducted by Infosys on 8th and 9th of November 2009.
- Agile Programming short term training program conducted by Indian Institute of Technology Madras from 19th to 31st May 2008.
- 1st India Software Engineering Conference (ISEC2008) Organized by ACM, IIIT Hyderabad, and SIGSoft on 20th and 21st February 2008.
- Open Knowledge Initiatives (OKI) Workshop conducted in collaboration with MIT(Massachusetts Institute of Technology), CSU( California State University), and IEG( Institute for Electronic Governance) from January 16th, 2007 to January 19th 2007.
- Campus Connect, Faculty Enablement Program (FEP) conducted by Infosys from November 26, 2006 to December 08, 2006.
- Seminar on Software Project Management conducted by IPE( Institute of Public Enterprise) on 13th & 14th October 2006.
- Brain Train for Effective Teaching, Faculty Development Program(FEP) in association with Master Minds International & P.V.P. Siddhartha Institute of Technology on 7th January 2007.
- Seminar on Distributed Systems, in association with C.S.I. Vijayawada Chapter and P.B. Siddhartha College of Arts & Science, on 8th September 2006.
- Seminar on e-district at MCRHRD, Hyderabad on 10th January 2007.
- Concurrent Programming
- Data Structures
- Discrete Mathematics
- Computer Organization
- Problem Solving with C, C++ and Java.
I prefer to work in the area of High Performance Computing.
Selected for Reading
- M.Herlihy and N. Shavit. "The Art of Multiprocessor Programming", Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, First Edition, 2009.
- Dana Drachsler, Martin Vechev, and Eran Yahav. "Pratical concurrent binary search trees via logical ordering". PPoPP(2014).
- Rasmus Pagh, F.F. Rodler. "Cuckoo Hashing". Journal of Algorithms (2004).
- M. Herlihy, N. Shavit, and M. Tzafrir. "Concurrent cuckoo hashing". Technical Report, Brown University (2007).
- M. Herlihy, N. Shavit, and M. Tzafrir. " Hopscotch hashing". DISC (2008).
- P. Yew, N. Tzeng, and D. Lawrie. "Distributed hot-spot addressing in large scale multiprocessors". IEEE Transaction on Computers (1987).
- Javier Diaz, Camelia Munoz-Caro, and Alfonso Nino. "A survey of parallel programming models and tools in the multi and many-core era". TPDS (2012).
- Robert L. Bocchino Jr., Vikram S. Adve, Sarita V. Adve, and Marc Snir. "Prallel programming must be deterministic". HOTPAR (2009).
- Milind Kulkarni, Donald Nguyen, Dimitrios Prountzos, Xin Sui, and Keshav Pingali."Exploiting commutativity lattice". PLDI (2011).
- Hans-J. Boehm ."Threads cannot be implemented as a library". Programming Language Design Implementation, pages 261-268, June 2005.
- Timothy L. Harris, Kier Fraser, and Ian A. Pratt. "A practical multi-word compare-and-swap operation". International Symposium on Distributed Computing, pages 265-279, October-2002
- Keir Fraser and Tim Harris. "Concurrent programming without locks". ACM Transactions on Computer Systems, 25(2), Article 5, May-2007.
- Danny Hendler et al. "A scalable lock-free stack algorithm". ACM Symposium on Parallelism in Algorithms and Architectures, pages 206-215, June-2004.
- Alex Kogan and Erez Petrank. "Wait-free queues with multiple enqueuers and dequeuers", ACM Symposium on Principles and Practice of Parallel Programming, pages 223-233, February 2011.
- Maurice Herlihy and Jeannette Wing. "Linearizability: A correctness condition for concurrent objects". ACM Transactions on Programming Languages and Systems, pages 463- 492, July 1990.