Praveen Kumar Alapati
e-mail: praveena $ cse # iitm # ac # in (OR) praveenalapati $ gmail # com
Note:replace $ with @ and # with .
Concurrent Data Structures
Selected for Reading
- M.Herlihy and N. Shavit. "The Art of Multiprocessor Programming", Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, First Edition, 2009.
- Dana Drachsler, Martin Vechev, and Eran Yahav. "Pratical concurrent binary search trees via logical ordering". PPoPP(2014).
- Rasmus Pagh, F.F. Rodler. "Cuckoo Hashing". Journal of Algorithms (2004).
- M. Herlihy, N. Shavit, and M. Tzafrir. "Concurrent cuckoo hashing". Technical Report, Brown University (2007).
- M. Herlihy, N. Shavit, and M. Tzafrir. " Hopscotch hashing". DISC (2008).
- P. Yew, N. Tzeng, and D. Lawrie. "Distributed hot-spot addressing in large scale multiprocessors". IEEE Transaction on Computers (1987).
- Javier Diaz, Camelia Munoz-Caro, and Alfonso Nino. "A survey of parallel programming models and tools in the multi and many-core era". TPDS (2012).
- Robert L. Bocchino Jr., Vikram S. Adve, Sarita V. Adve, and Marc Snir. "Prallel programming must be deterministic". HOTPAR (2009).
- Milind Kulkarni, Donald Nguyen, Dimitrios Prountzos, Xin Sui, and Keshav Pingali."Exploiting commutativity lattice". PLDI (2011).
- Hans-J. Boehm ."Threads cannot be implemented as a library". Programming Language Design Implementation, pages 261-268, June 2005.
- Timothy L. Harris, Kier Fraser, and Ian A. Pratt. "A practical multi-word compare-and-swap operation". International Symposium on Distributed Computing, pages 265-279, October-2002
- Keir Fraser and Tim Harris. "Concurrent programming without locks". ACM Transactions on Computer Systems, 25(2), Article 5, May-2007.
- Danny Hendler et al. "A scalable lock-free stack algorithm". ACM Symposium on Parallelism in Algorithms and Architectures, pages 206-215, June-2004.
- Alex Kogan and Erez Petrank. "Wait-free queues with multiple enqueuers and dequeuers", ACM Symposium on Principles and Practice of Parallel Programming, pages 223-233, February 2011.
- Maurice Herlihy and Jeannette Wing. "Linearizability: A correctness condition for concurrent objects". ACM Transactions on Programming Languages and Systems, pages 463- 492, July 1990.
I prefer java and OpenMP