November 24 in MR2
|Sr. No. ||Student Name ||Student Roll No. ||Area ||Mentor Faculty||Time||Examiner||Observer|
|1 ||Sai Mohith ||CS14B047 ||Graph Isomorphism ||JS||09:00||JA||YV|
|2 ||Bhuvan Agrawal ||CS14B060 ||Circuit Complexity ||JS||09:30|
|3 ||Girish Raguvir ||CS14B059 ||Dynamic Data Structures ||NSN||10:00|
|4 ||Prem Krishnaa ||CS14B049 ||Stable Marriage ||MN||10:30|
|5 ||Revanth Reddy ||CS14B025 ||Edge Replacement Grammars ||BR||11:00 on November 23||HG|
|6 ||Rachit Garg ||CS14B050 ||Security ||SA|11:30 11:00 |CR|
|7 ||Ajaykrishnan Jayagopal ||CS14B033 ||Compilers and Machine Learning ||RN|12:00 11:30
|8 ||Amol Dumrewal ||CS14B035 ||Graph Algorithms ||RN|12:30 12:00
60 (guide) + 20 (examiner) + 20 (observer / coordinator)
Marks are based on the overall work done, technical report, and presentation.
|Deadline ||Deliverable ||Comments|
|April 10 ||Proposal submission ||Rupesh's mailbox in CS Office|
|April 12 ||Proposal approval ||Rupesh will mail you.|
|April 16 ||CoT submission ||to FacAd|
|July 31 ||Work starts ||Schedule regular meetings with the mentor faculty.|
|November 10 ||Report submission ||to mentor faculty|
|November 17 ||Report submission ||by email to Rupesh; Rupesh would circulate it to the examiner.|
| |November 24 | |Presentation submission to mentor faculty
|November 24 |27 |Viva ||MR2 between 09:00 -- 13:00|
| |November 30 December 9 |Grade upload ||by Rupesh|
- Technical report can have the following sections: Summary / Abstract, Introduction / Motivation / Related Work / Problem Statement, Your work / Algorithm, Proofs / Evaluation, Conclusion and Future Work, References.
- Make sure the Introduction mentions your contributions explicitly.
- The presentation should be for 20 minutes (which means around 12 dense slides). It should clearly mention the problem statement in first 2-3 slides. Bring out your contribution. Make it as technical as possible. Include your roll number on the title slide.
- Practice the presentation.
Procedure followed during pre-registration (April 2017):
Please follow the below procedure for UG Research Course CS4900 (CS14 batch is not allowed to do the second course CS4910, as only one UGRC was allowed for the batch by DCC).
Students opting to credit CS4900 course, have to talk to a CSE faculty member (called mentor faculty) with whom they intend to do this course and arrive at a project proposal and plan for execution.
- Get a proposal ready in consultation with the mentor faculty, clearly outlining the work involved. This proposal must be signed by the mentor faculty and will be used for the approval process. Deadline for the proposal submission is 5pm, Apr 10, 2017 to Rupesh's mailbox in CS Office.
- Rupesh will inform the students by email if their proposals are approved within two days. The students need to get a COT form signed from Rupesh recording this approval (same COT form as for regular elective approval). If not approved, preregister for an elective.
- The COT forms have to be submitted to your faculty adviser before the preregistration deadline of April 16 (We will optimize this step if Rupesh is your FacAd).
- Add UGRC CS4900 in workflow. This can be done in parallel with Step 3, but only after Step 2. You will not be allowed to add UGRC course in July / August.
- From the next semester starting from July 31, proceed with the research work with the mentor faculty.
- There will be an end-semester evaluation in the form of a presentation of the work done and viva, involving an evaluation team of faculty. Details of this will be informed later.