Information for Recommendation Letters
I write recommendation letters only for students who have worked with me for a
significant amount of time (typically more than 6 months). If you have already
talked to me about getting a recommendation letter, please read the following
- Ask me for a recommendation before you list me as a recommender.
- Give me sufficient notice to write you a letter. More the time you give me,
more organized my recommendations would be.
- Send in your resume and statement of purpose by email.
- Send a list of universities and their deadlines, all composed in one email.
Ensure that the deadlines are arranged in chronological order.
- Fill out the online forms with as much information as you can. The
information includes my full name, position, affiliation and contact
My contact information:
Full Name : Shankar Balachandran
Title : Associate Professor
Department : Department of Computer Science and Engineering
Address : BSB 349, Department of Computer Science and Engineering,
IIT Madras, Chennai, India - 600 036
Email : shankar at cse dot iitm dot ac dot in
Web : http://www.cse.iitm.ac.in/~shankar
Phone : 91-44-2257-4371