CS 3300 - Compiler Design
Goal of the course:
At the end of the course, students will have a fair understanding of some standard passes in a general purpose compiler. Students will have hands on experience on implementing a compiler for a subset of Java.
- Theory: Time and Place: Mon (09.00-09.50am), Tue (08.00-08.50am), Wed (01.00-01.50pm), B slot; Class room # CS 34. Friday 11.00-11.50pm: Doubt clearing sessions; BSB 352.
- Lab: Time and Place: Tuesday (2.00-5.00pm), Q slot. Class room # DCF and CS 34
- Instructor : V. Krishna Nandivada
- Office hours / Doubt sessions : Monday 4-5PM
Praseetha M (CS19D008 AT smail.iitm.ac.in)
AKSHAT GUPTA (CS15B044 AT smail.iitm.ac.in)
JAHNVI PATEL (CS15B046 AT smail.iitm.ac.in)
SARTHAK PANDEY (CS15B056 AT smail.iitm.ac.in)
Rajendra Kumar Dangwal(CS17S021 AT smail.iitm.ac.in)
AKASH MISHRA (CS19M008 AT smail.iitm.ac.in)
SARATH CHANDRA BUSSA (CS19M057 AT smail.iitm.ac.in)
- TA Office hours / Doubt sessions : If you are not available at the time given then fix a time by sending an email.
- Course outline.
- Discussion group (members only).
- Book 1: Compilers: Principles, Techniques, and Tools, Alfred Aho, Monica Lam, Ravi Sethi, Jeffrey D. Ullman, Addison-Wesley, 2007
- Book 2: Modern compiler implementation in Java, Second Edition, Andrew W. Appel, Jens Palsberg, Cambridge University Press, 2002.
- Reference 1: Computer Organization and Design: The Hardware/Software Interface, David Patterson and John Hennessy, Morgan Kaufmann, 1998
- Reference 2: The Java programming language, Ken Arnold, James Gosling and David Holmes, Addison-Wesley, 2000.
Slides for the Lectures:
Lab : The 'N'Wizard Tournament ---------------------->
- Assignment 1 details (5%). Set date: Sep 04. Due date: Sep 11 (04.00pm).
- Assignment 2 details (5%). Set date: Oct 31. Due date: Nov 10 (04.00pm).
- Quiz 1 exam (5%) at 8am, on Sep 03 2019. Closed book, closed notes, closed neighbor. sample solution.
- Quiz 2 exam (5%) at 8am, on Oct 15 2019. Closed book, closed notes, closed neighbor. sample solution.
- Final exam (40%) at 9am, on Nov 18 2019. Portion: full course. Closed book, closed notes, closed neighbor. sample solution.
Sat Nov 9 18:48:47 IST 2019