This page will list down the details of the academic activities that we plan in this course. The schedule for all meetings are available at the meetings page.
- Problem Sheets: There will be roughly 2 problem sheets given as "hand outs" for each theme. The participants are expected to try to solve them offline and get back to the respective TAs if they need specific helps. Those who wish get feedback on their answers are also welcome to submit it to the TAs. In any case, these will not be evaluated towards the final grade. The following gives the timeline for these handouts.
- Problem Set 01 : Theme 1, Set 1 : Aug 12, 5pm
- Problem Set 02 : Theme 1, Set 2 : Aug 24, 5pm
- Problem Set 03 : Theme 1, Set 3 : Sep 01, 5pm
- Problem Set 04 : Theme 1, Set 4 : Sep 27, 5pm
- Problem Set 05 : Theme 1, Set 5 : Oct 05, 5pm
- Problem Set 06 : Theme 2, Set 1 : Oct 13, 5pm
- Problem Set 07 : Theme 2, Set 2 : Oct 20, 5pm
- Problem Set 08 : Theme 2, Set 3 : Oct 26, 5pm
- Problem Set 09 : Theme 2, Set 4 : Nov 02, 5pm
- Short Exams :
These will be a set of 1 hour long exams on material closely related to the lectures and the responses will be evaluated. This is a part of continuous assessment in the course. Note that the weightage of these towards the final score is nontrivial but relatively low. You can afford to make mistakes (and hence learn) without worsening your final score by much !.
- Quizzes & End-semester Exams : There will be two quizes which will be in-hall standard exams. The end-semester exam will be a standard 3 hour long exam.