ActivitiesThis page will list down the course activities in addition to the lectures.
Problem Sets (5 x 8% = 40%):
- There will be six problem sets, of which best five will be taken towards grading. But submitting 6 problem sets is compulsory since it is important for the learning process. They will be posted (at the course message group and moodle) incrementally (as and when the corresponding lectures are over).
- Timeline : For each problem set, there are two deadlines associated with it. One for the students and one for the instructor. The problem sets will be posted in an incremental way. That is, roughly for every two lectures, one problem will be posted. And the ones posted upto 5 days before the submission deadline are included in that problem set. (end end-dates will be marked by uploading the pdf on that date on to moodle).
- Evaluation deadline : The date by which the evaluated submission will be returned to the students.
|PS01||:||Aug 29||Aug 31|
|PS02||:||Sep 12||Sep 14|
|PS03||:||Oct 03||Oct 05|
|PS04||:||Oct 17||Oct 19|
|PS05||:||Oct 31||Nov 02|
|PS06||:||Nov 7||Nov 9|
Course Presentations (15%) - Each student will be asked to present to the class a topic for about 30 minutes. The topics will be assigned by Nov 1, 2021. All presentations will be scheduled on Nov 13, 2021, from 9am to 5pm.
The remaining activities of the course are : Exams (45%):
- Quiz 1 (15%) : Sep 4, 9am-10am and descriptive till 4pm
- Quiz 2 (15%) : Oct 9, 9am-10am and descriptive till 4pm
- Quiz 3 (15%) : Nov 15, 9am-10am and descriptive till 4pm