CS 3300 - Compiler Design
Goal of the course:
At the end of the course, students will have a fair understanding of some standard passes in a general purpose compiler. Students will have hands on experience on implementing a compiler for a subset of Java.
- Theory: Time and Place: Mon (10.00-10.50am), Tue (9.00-9.50am), Wed (8.00-8.50pm), C slot; Class room # CS 24. Friday 1.00pm-1.1.50pm: Doubt clearing sessions; BSB 352.
- Lab: Time and Place: Tuesday (2.00-5.00pm), Q slot. Class room # DCF and CS 24
- Instructor : V. Krishna Nandivada
- Office hours / Doubt sessions : Monday 4-5PM
- Theory TA : Arun T (arunt AT cse.iitm.ac.in), Office hours: Thu 3-4PM, PACE Lab.
- Lab TAs : Aman Nougrahiya (amannoug AT cse, Mon 4-5pm PACE Lab),
Manas Thakur (manas AT cse, Wed 4-5pm, PACE Lab),
Anchu R S (anchu AT cse, Mon 4-5pm, PACE Lab),
Ganesh K (cs16m006 AT cse, Wed 5-6pm, PACE Lab),
Anju M A (cs16d019 AT cse, Wed 4-5pm, PACE Lab).
Nikitha V (cs16m047 AT cse, Fri 4-5pm, PACE Lab),
Nikhil Rajendra (cs16m028 AT cse, Thu 5-6pm, PACE Lab),
Shreyas Harish (cs13b062 AT iitm, Tue 5-6pm, DCF Lab).
- TA Office hours / Doubt sessions : If you are not available at the time given then fix a time by sending an email.
- Course outline.
- Discussion group (members only).
- Book 1: Compilers: Principles, Techniques, and Tools, Alfred Aho, Monica Lam, Ravi Sethi, Jeffrey D. Ullman, Addison-Wesley, 2007
- Book 2: Modern compiler implementation in Java, Second Edition, Andrew W. Appel, Jens Palsberg, Cambridge University Press, 2002.
- Reference 1: Computer Organization and Design: The Hardware/Software Interface, David Patterson and John Hennessy, Morgan Kaufmann, 1998
- Reference 2: The Java programming language, Ken Arnold, James Gosling and David Holmes, Addison-Wesley, 2000.
Slides for the Lectures:
Lab : The 'N'Wizard Tournament -->
- Assignment 1 details (5%). Set date: Aug 25. Due date: Sep 01 (04.00pm).
- Assignment 2 details (5%). Set date: Oct 31. Due date: Nov 10 (04.00pm).
- Quiz 1 exam (10%) at 8am, on Sep 6 2017. Closed book, closed notes, closed neighbor. sample solution.
- Quiz 2 exam (10%) at 8am, on Oct 25 2017. Closed book, closed notes, closed neighbor. sample solution.
- Final exam (30%) at 9am, on Nov 16 2017. Portion: full course. Closed book, closed notes, closed neighbor. sample solution.
Wed Nov 3 07:36:15 IST 2017