CS 6235 - Analysis of Parallel Programs
Goal of the course:
At the end of the course, students would learn techniques to analyze parallel programs written in languages like Java/ OpenMP/ X10.
Slides for the Lectures: here. being updated during the semester
- Time and Place: Mon (10.00-10.50), Tue (09.00-09.50), Wed (08.00-08.50), Fri (12.00-12.50); C slot. Class: online (see details on moodle).
- Teacher : V. Krishna Nandivada
- Office hours / Doubt sessions : Anytime.
- TA : Shashin Halalingaiah (cs20s003@smail)
- TA Office hours / Doubt sessions : (fix by email).
- Course outline.
- Software, documentation and tools link is here.
- Submission guidelines.
- Discussion website is here (access restricted).
- Book 1: Advanced Compiler Design and Implementation: Steven Muchnick.
- Book 2: Principles of Program Analysis: Flemming Nielson, Hanne Riis Nielson, Chris Hankin, Springer, 2005.
- Book 3: The Art of Multiprocessor Programming, by Maurice Herlihy and Nir Shavit, Morgan Kaufmman Publishers, 1st Edition, Indian Reprint 2012.
- Book 4: Java Concurrency in Practice by Brian Goetz, Tim Peierls, Joshua Block, Joseph Bowbeer, David Holmes and Doug Lea, Addison Wesley, 1st Edition, 2006
- Quiz 1 exam (15%) on Feb 23 2022 08am. Open book, open notes, closed neighbor. sample solution.
- Quiz 2 exam (15%) on Mar 30 2022 08am. Open book, open notes, closed neighbor. sample solution.
- Final exam (30%). 05 May 2022, 9AM-12PM. Open book, open notes, closed neighbor. sample solution.
Mon May 9 11:26:13 IST 2022