This course deals with the design and implementation of operating systems. The topics include the bootup sequence, memory management, processes, interrupt handling, file systems, synchronization, inter process communication, device drivers, and security issues in modern operating systems. The course is built on the xv6 operating system.
computer organization, assembly language programming for x86, advanced programming in C, data structures and algorithms
Classes will be held from 5/Aug/2015 in CS24. Slot F.
- Wednesdays : 11:00 - 11:50 AM
- Thursdays : 9:00 - 9:50 AM
- Fridays : 8:00 - 8:50 AM
From 3/Aug/2015. Slot P.
- Mondays: 2:00 - 5:00 PM
- Prasanna Karthik (Network Systems Lab)
- Arnab Roy (RISE Lab)
- Sathya Narayanan N (Network Systems Lab)
- Anuj Fulia (RISE Lab)
- Krishnakumar Gnanambikai (RISE Lab)
- Sravan Kumar Salaka (DCF Extn)
- Chanti Naik Banavath (DCF Extn)