CS 6848 - Principles of Programming Languages
Goal of the course:
At the end of the course, students will have a fair understanding of some fundamental issues in the design and implementation of
Slides for the Lectures:
- Time and Place: Wed (2.00-3.40pm), Fri (3.00-4.40pm), R-T slots. Class room # CS 26 (Seminar room).
- Teacher : V. Krishna Nandivada
- Office hours / Doubt sessions : Anytime.
- TA : Suyash Gupta. Office hours: Fix a time by sending an email.
- Course outline.
- Software, documentation and tools link is here.
- Submission guidelines.
- Discussion website is here (access restricted).
- Book 1: Essentials of Programming Languages (EOPL), Daniel P. Friedman, Mitchell Wand, and Christopher T. Haynes, McGraw-Hill, 2001.
- Book 2: Types and Programming Languages, Benjamin C. Pierce, MIT Press, 2002.
- Ref 1: Foundations of Programming Languages, John Mitchell, MIT Press, 1996.
- Ref 2: Practical Foundations of Programming Languages, Robert Harper, 2011, online book.
- Midterm exam (20%) on Mar 15th 2013. Closed book, closed notes, closed neighbor. sample solution.
- Final exam (30%) on Apr 30th 2013 2pm. Closed book, closed notes, closed neighbor. sample solution.