CS 3300 - Compiler Design
Goal of the course:
At the end of the course, students will have a fair understanding of some standard passes in a general purpose compiler. Students will have hands on experience on implementing a compiler for a subset of Java.
Slides for the Lectures:
Lab CS3310 : The 'N'Wizard Tournament
- Theory (CS 3300) Time and Place: Mon (10.00-10.50am), Tue (9.00-9.50am), Wed (8.00-8.50pm), C slot; Class room # CS 24. Friday 1.00pm-1.1.50pm: Doubt clearing sessions; BSB 352.
- Lab (CS 3310) Time and Place: Tuesday (2.00-5.00pm), S slot. Class room # DCF and CS 24
- Teachers : V. Krishna Nandivada
- Office hours / Doubt sessions : Monday 4-5PM
- Theory TA : A Raghesh (raghesh AT cse.iitm.ac.in), Office hours: Tue 3-4PM, PACE Lab.
- Lab TAs : Aman Nougrahiya (amannoug AT cse, Mon 4-5pm PACE Lab),
Manas Thakur (manas AT cse, Mon 4-5pm, PACE Lab),
Rahul Srivastava (rahuls AT cse, Tue 4-5pm, PACE Lab),
Vipin Agarwal (vipinag AT cse, Mon 5-6pm, DCF Extn),
Sonali Saha (sonali AT cse, Mon 4-5pm).
Akshay Gadre (agadre AT cse, Wed 5-6pm, DON Lab),
Meka Gayatri (gayathri AT cse, Wed 3-4pm, CV Lab),
T Arun (arunt AT cse, Mon 4-5pm, PACE Lab),
- TA Office hours / Doubt sessions : If you are not available at the time given then fix a time by sending an email.
- Course outline.
- Theory Discussion website is here (access restricted).
- Book 1: Compilers: Principles, Techniques, and Tools, Alfred Aho, Monica Lam, Ravi Sethi, Jeffrey D. Ullman, Addison-Wesley, 2007
- Book 2: Modern compiler implementation in Java, Second Edition, Andrew W. Appel, Jens Palsberg, Cambridge University Press, 2002.
- Reference 1: Computer Organization and Design: The Hardware/Software Interface, David Patterson and John Hennessy, Morgan Kaufmann, 1998
- Reference 2: The Java programming language, Ken Arnold, James Gosling and David Holmes, Addison-Wesley, 2000.
- Assignment 1 details (10%). Set date: Aug 25. Due date: Sep 01 (04.00pm).
- Assignment 2 details (10%). Set date: Nov 07. Due date: Nov 19 (05.00pm).
- Quiz 1 exam (20%) at 8am, on Sep 7 2016. Closed book, closed notes, closed neighbor. sample solution.
- Quiz 2 exam (20%) at 8am, on Oct 19 2016. Closed book, closed notes, closed neighbor. sample solution.
- Final exam (40%) at 8am, on Nov 17 2016. Portion: full course. Closed book, closed notes, closed neighbor. sample solution.
Wed Sep 7 10:09:12 IST 2016