BSB 331A, PACE Lab,
Dept of Computer Science and Engineering,
Chennai - 600036,
Tamil Nadu, India.
I am a PhD student working at PACE Lab under the guidance of Dr. V. Krishna Nandivada. My research interests are program analysis and verification, and parallelization.
I obtained my B.Tech degree at Andhra University. I joined for M.Tech programme in July, 2013 at IIT Madras and converted to PhD in dual degree mode. Prior to joining IIT Madras, I worked as a Software Engineer at Hewlett Packard, Chennai.
- Current Research : Analyzing Java source code to identify refactoring opportunities and performing automatic refactoring based on the results of the analyses. Currently working on the same for Replace Conditional with Polymorphism refactoring technique.
- Research Interests
- Program Analysis : Analyzing programs for refactoring and optimization, to improve program understanding and
- Program Verification : Inferring the specifications like invariants, contracts/annotations from a program and use
them to verify the correctness of the program.
- Parallelization : Parallelizing the serial programs/analyses by using efficient techniques to gain maximum parallelism
with less overhead.
- Refactoring Opportunities for Replacing Type Code
with State and Subclass, Jyothi Vedurada and V. Krishna Nandivada, Proceedings of the 39th International Conference on Software Engineering Companion, ICSE-C'17.
TTLG - An Efficient Tensor Transposition Library for GPUs, Jyothi Vedurada, Arjun Suresh, Aravind Sukumaran Rajam, Jinsung Kim, Changwan Hong, Ajay Panyala, Sriram Krishnamoorthy, V. Krishna Nandivada, Rohit Kumar Srivastava, P. Sadayappan, Proceedings of the 32nd International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium, IPDPS'18.
Courses taken during my M.Tech
- Modern Compilers-Theory and Practice
- Principles of Programming Languages
- Program Analysis
- Course Project: Improving the Performance of "Andersen's Pointer Analysis Algorithm"
- Concurrent Programming
- Course Project: Pallelization of Points-To Analysis using Graph-Based Approach
- Computer Architecture
- Parallel Computer Architecture
- Course Project: Prioritizing the Threads for Descheduling in a Multi Threaded Program to Serve Interrupts
- Advanced Data Structures and Algorithms
- Mathematical Concepts for Computer Science
- Advanced Programming Laboratory
Courses taken during my PhD
- Recent Topics in Compilers
- Introduction to Machine Learning
- Artificial Intelligence
- Course Project: Implementation of the Sparse Memory Graph Search (SMGS) algorithm by Rong Zhou and Eric A. Hansen
- Digital System Testing and Testable Design
- High-Performance Parallel Computing - GIAN course
- Teaching Assistant for the courses
- Introduction to Profession (Python Lab)
- Programming, Data Structures and Algorithms (NPTEL MOOC)
- Compiler Design Lab
- Principles of Software Engineering
Mentored the following projects:
- Cache Friendly Data Structure Design and Programming Language Support
- Go & C Interconverter
- Priniciples of Programming Languages
- Modern Compilers Theory and Practice
- Mtech and Dual Degree Seminars
- Introduction to Programming Lab
- GPU Programming
- Computer Organization and Architecture Lab
- Received Tata Consultancy Services PhD fellowship in 2015.
- Awarded travel grants to attend IEEE IPDPS 2015.
- Ranked 1st in the Student Parallel Programming Challenge hosted by IEEE International Conference on High Performance Computing (HiPC) 2016.
- Awarded travel grants to attend HiPC 2016.
- Awarded ACM SIGSOFT CAPS funding to attend 39th IEEE International Conference on Software Engineering, ICSE 2017.
- Selected as a student volunteer for ICSE 2017.
- Presented as part of Lab Talks
- DoubleChecker: Efficient Sound and Precise Atomicity Checking. Swarnendu Biswas, Jipeng Huang, Aritra Sengupta, and Michael D. Bond. PLDI, June 2014.
- Precise Interprocedural Dataflow Analysis with Applications to Constant Propagation. Mooly Sagiv, Thomas Reps, Susan Horwitz. TCS'96.
I am originally from Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India. Apart from work, I enjoy cooking, playing with kids, and music.