Rupesh is a faculty member in the CSE Department at IIT Madras. He completed BE from VRCE Nagpur, MTech from IIT Bombay, PhD from IISc Bangalore, and Post-Doctoral Fellowship from the University of Texas at Austin. His research focus is in Compilers and Parallelization. He is a recipient of the Young Faculty Recognition Award at IIT Madras, Cray HPC Award, NVIDIA Special Prize for CodeForScience, and a winner of the Yahoo! University Hack Day. He holds seven patents, is an author of two books, and is an associate editor of the CCPE journal. He is the head of the National Supercomputing Mission's Nodal Centre at IITM for Training in HPC and AI.
And an illeist is a person who refers to himself in the third person.
Rupesh is a proud alumnus of the following institutions / companies:
- UT Austin (where I learnt parallel programming)
- IISc Bangalore (where Prof. R. Govindarajan taught me how to do research)
- IIT Bombay (where I learned keyword searching in relational databases)
- VRCE Nagpur (where I learned the fundamentals of computing)
- NetApp Bangalore (I still miss the Friday Bash)
- VERITAS Pune (my first stint as a software engineer)
May 23: StarPlat team receives patent on its versatile graph DSL.
May 23: StarPlat's Sycl backend is featured at Intel.
May 23: Goodbye Abhishek, Atharva, Gowtham, Kasyap, Prasanna, Rahul, Sanjay, Sathvick, Sravan, Surya.
May 23: Ashwin and Nibedita's proposal enters the final stage of Qualcomm Innovation Fellowship (37 / 124).
May 23: Goodbye Nethaji.
Apr 23: Rupesh co-wins IITM's Excellence in Teaching Award.
Mar 23: Rajesh and Somesh's work on parallel CVRP is accepted at GECCO.
Mar 23: Alumnus Ganesh visits us.