Rupesh is an associate professor in the CSE Department at IIT Madras. He completed BE from VRCE Nagpur, MTech from IIT Bombay, PhD from IISc Bangalore, and Post-Doctoral Fellowship from the University of Texas at Austin. His research focus is in Compilers and Parallelization. He is a recipient of the Young Faculty Recognition Award at IIT Madras, Cray HPC Award, NVIDIA Special Prize for CodeForScience, and a winner of the Yahoo! University Hack Day. He holds seven patents, co-authors a book on Distributed Graph Analytics, and is an associate editor of the CCPE journal. He is the head of the National Supercomputing Mission's Nodal Centre at IITM for Training in HPC and AI.
And an illeist is a person who refers to himself in the third person.
Rupesh is a proud alumnus of the following institutions / companies:
- UT Austin (where I learnt parallel programming)
- IISc Bangalore (where Prof. R. Govindarajan taught me how to do research)
- IIT Bombay (where I learned keyword searching in relational databases)
- VRCE Nagpur (where I learned the fundamentals of computing)
- NetApp Bangalore (I still miss the Friday Bash)
- VERITAS Pune (my first stint as a software engineer)
Nov 22: Jash + Arihant + Bikash's work on MaxFlow on GPUs is accepted at IJPP.
Nov 22: Prasanna Bartakke joins our group for a project.
Nov 22: Goodbye Jash.
Oct 22: Alumnus Ranjan visits us.
Oct 22: Anju's work on dynamic clustering accepted at CCPE.
Oct 22: Pradeep Ramachandran from KLA talks on the Role of AI/HPC in Semiconductor Manufacturing.
Sep 22: Rupesh receives the department's Best Teacher Award for 2022.
Aug 22: Shouvick's TSE paper is accepted for presentation at FSE 2022.