Rupesh is an Assistant Professor in the CSE department at IIT Madras. He completed PhD from IISc Bangalore and Post-Doctoral Fellowship from the University of Texas at Austin. His research focus is in Compilers and Parallelization. He is a recipient of the Young Faculty Recognition Award at IIT Madras, NVIDIA Special Prize for CodeForScience, a winner of the Yahoo! University Hack Day, and holds five US patents.
And an illeist is a person who refers to himself in the third person.
Rupesh's group, named Gajendra, has achieved the following honors:
- R. Dipak, R. Kaushik and G. Kavitha’s team co-represented India in ACM ICPC 2017 World Finals held at Beijing.
- G. Kavitha is chosen for Adobe Women in Technology Scholarship 2018.
- Saurabh Kalikar, Jyothi Vedurada and Srikanth’s team won HiPC Parallel Programming Challenge: Intel Track in 2017.
- Saurabh Kalikar co-won the Distinguished Paper Award at PPoPP 2016 at Barcelona.
- Anurag Ingole co-won the Best Paper Award at HiPC Student Research Symposium 2015.
- Sundar Annamalai, Karthik Vishwanathan and Ajay Krishna’s team co-represented India in ACM ICPC 2014 World Finals held at Morocco.
Feb 18: Prema from IGCAR joins the group for PhD. She is co-guided by Prof. B K Panigrahi.
Feb 18: Rupesh talks on OOP for an FDP via QEEE.
Jan 18: Nikitha, Shashikanth and Srivatsan join the group for BTP.
Jan 18: R. Dipak, R. Kaushik and G. Kavitha's team qualifies for ACM ICPC World Finals.
Jan 18: Somesh's work on approximate graph algorithms on GPUs is accepted at TMSCS.
Jan 18: Kavitha is chosen for Adobe Women in Technology Scholarship.
Jan 18: JK's CHOAMP is accepted at TMSCS.
Jan 18: Ravi and Rupesh judge inter-IIT Tech Meet.
Dec 17: Mullai's work on digital image correlation is accepted at SEM.