Rupesh is a faculty member in the CSE Department at IIT Madras. He completed BE from VRCE Nagpur, MTech from IIT Bombay, PhD from IISc Bangalore, and Post-Doctoral Fellowship from the University of Texas at Austin. His research focus is in Compilers and Parallelization. He is a recipient of the Excellence in Teaching Award at IIT Madras, Cray HPC Award, NVIDIA Special Prize for CodeForScience, and a winner of the Yahoo! University Hack Day. He holds eight patents, is an author of two books, and is an associate editor of the CCPE journal.
And an illeist is a person who refers to himself in the third person.
Rupesh is a proud alumnus of the following institutions / companies:
- UT Austin (where I learnt parallel programming)
- IISc Bangalore (where Prof. R. Govindarajan taught me how to do research)
- IIT Bombay (where I learned keyword searching in relational databases)
- VRCE Nagpur (where I learned the fundamentals of computing)
- NetApp Bangalore (I still miss the Friday Bash)
- VERITAS Pune (my first stint as a software engineer)
Nov 23: Alumni Gaurav Arora and Lokesh Koshale visit us.
Sep 23: Ullas's paper on graph processing on GPUs is accepted at HiPC.
Sep 23: Rupesh meets Mr. Jensen Huang, Founder and CEO of NVIDIA.
Aug 23: Congratulations Dr. Anju.
Aug 23: Yash Bhagwat, Nisanth D, and Teja Dronadula's team enters 47th ICPC World Finals.
Aug 23: Malkareddy Sai Aryan Reddy, Kaustubh Miglani, and Vineet Kumar Dhandharia's team enters 46th ICPC World Finals.
Jul 23: Rupesh on sabbatical till December 2023.
Jun 23: Ashwina and Nibedita's proposal on enhanced StarPlat DSL is selected for Qualcomm Innovation Fellowship (12 / 37).