Rupesh is an Assistant Professor in the CSE department at IIT Madras. He completed PhD from IISc Bangalore and Post-Doctoral Fellowship from the University of Texas at Austin. His research focus is in Compilers and Parallelization. He is a recipient of the Young Faculty Recognition Award at IIT Madras, Cray HPC Award, NVIDIA Special Prize for CodeForScience, a winner of the Yahoo! University Hack Day, and holds five US patents.
And an illeist is a person who refers to himself in the third person.
Rupesh's group, named Gajendra, has achieved the following honors:
- R. Dipak, R. Kaushik and G. Kavitha’s team co-represented India in ACM ICPC 2017 World Finals held at Beijing.
- G. Kavitha is chosen for Adobe Women in Technology Scholarship 2018.
- Saurabh Kalikar, Jyothi Vedurada and Srikanth’s team won HiPC Parallel Programming Challenge: Intel Track in 2017.
- Saurabh Kalikar co-won the Distinguished Paper Award at PPoPP 2016 at Barcelona.
- Anurag Ingole co-won the Best Paper Award at HiPC Student Research Symposium 2015.
- Sundar Annamalai, Karthik Vishwanathan and Ajay Krishna’s team co-represented India in ACM ICPC 2014 World Finals held at Morocco.
Jan 19: Lokesh, Gaurav, Shahbaz and Shantanu join the group for DD/MTech projects.
Jan 19: Somesh receives upto $1500 ACM SIGPLAN grant for attending PPoPP.
Jan 19: Milind Srivastava is selected for S N Bose Scholarship.
Dec 18: Ajitha Rajan visits us from Edinburgh.
Dec 18: Prema's work on auto-parallelizers is accepted at CCPE journal.
Dec 18: Somesh's GSoC work on SixTrack is accepted and presented at ICAP.
Dec 18: Rupesh on leave from December 22 -- January 1.
Nov 18: Mullai's work on 2D DIC is accepted as a poster in HiPC SRS.
Oct 18: Pravin's work on SPH is accepted at CFD Workshop.